And the hits just keep on coming folks…
On March 6th, President Obama signed an Executive Order for “National Defense” that basically states that the US can seize any person or resource at any time. “All your stuff are belong to us!” they say.
To be fair, EO 8248, the original “National Defense Resources Preparedness” order was first issued in 1939. The latest edition is similar to EO 12919, signed by President Clinton in June 1994. But this one includes some key changes…
For example, in Section 201(b) the words “under both emergency and non-emergency conditions” have been added.
So now the federal government can take control of all food, all energy, all health resources, all transportation resources and “all other materials, services, and facilities” in the country even if the United States is not experiencing emergency conditions.1
Keep in mind that the US has been operating under a constant state of national emergency since September 14th, 2001.
One only needs to look at section 201 of the order to see what the federal government can take control of:
Sec. 201. Priorities and Allocations Authorities. (a) The authority of the President conferred by section 101 of the Act, 50 U.S.C. App. 2071, to require acceptance and priority performance of contracts or orders (other than contracts of employment) to promote the national defense over performance of any other contracts or orders, and to allocate materials, services, and facilities as deemed necessary or appropriate to promote the national defense, is delegated to the following agency heads:
(1) the Secretary of Agriculture with respect to food resources, food resource facilities, livestock resources, veterinary resources, plant health resources, and the domestic distribution of farm equipment and commercial fertilizer;
(2) the Secretary of Energy with respect to all forms of energy;
(3) the Secretary of Health and Human Services with respect to health resources;
(4) the Secretary of Transportation with respect to all forms of civil transportation;
(5) the Secretary of Defense with respect to water resources; and
(6) the Secretary of Commerce with respect to all other materials, services, and facilities, including construction materials.
Perhaps Barack Obama will not exercise these powers. Perhaps he will. But if not him, eventually somebody will come along and do so.
I guess the old maxim about the government “We’ve got what it takes to take what you’ve got” is spot-on. This is the kind of stuff our Founders were attempting to avoid.
“A mere demarcation on parchment of the constitutional limits (of government) is not a sufficient guard against those encroachments which lead to a tyrannical concentration of all the powers of government in the same hands.” – James Madison, Federalist Paper #48, 1788.
It’s time for people to wake up.
- http://www.infowars.com/the-obama-administration-all-your-privacy-and-all-your-stuff-belong-to-us/ [↩]