Use Of The Articles On This Site
Many people ask if they can use the articles on this site. The answer is most definitely yes.
The content on this site, unless otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License .
I very much encourage others to take these articles and spread them wherever they can. The more eyeballs that see them the more of an impact they will have.
So please feel free to use these articles. I want them to be distributed as far and as wide as possible.
When you republish one of the articles on the site, if you could please include a direct link back to the original article that would be greatly appreciated.
Please do not hesitate to spread these articles wherever you would like. I want as many people as possible to read them. Hopefully these articles are helping a few more people to wake up.
Guest posting is welcome, and encouraged! Please see the write for us page.
All content that you write here remains your property. Be sure you understand rule #6 in the long form rules below.
The content on this site is provided as general information only, and is to be considered commentary or opinion and is protected under Free Speech. The ideas expressed on this site are solely the opinions of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the opinions of sponsors or firms affiliated with the author(s). The author may or may not have a financial interest in any company or advertiser referenced. Any action taken as a result of information, analysis, or advertisement on this site is ultimately the responsibility of the reader. Usage of this site is subject to the rules below.
FAIR USE NOTICE
This site may contain copyrighted material the use of which in some cases has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. Such material is made available for the purposes of news reporting, education, research, comment, and criticism, which constitutes a ‘fair use’ of such copyrighted material in accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond ‘fair use’, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner. It is our policy to respond to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (found at the U.S. Copyright Office) and other applicable intellectual property laws. It is our policy to remove material from public view that we believe in good faith to be copyrighted material that has been illegally copied and distributed by any of our members or users.
Summary of Rules
- No profane, disrespectful or divisive language
- Spell check and grammar check your work before posting, and refrain from excessive use of CAPITAL LETTERS
- Do not post the ENTIRE text of articles from other sites, unless you have explicit permission to do so.
- Do not post racist, sexist, pornographic or otherwise obscene materials
- Do not engage in flame wars, personal attacks on other members, incite or encourage violence, post spam or advertisements.
- Do not promote your website or event
- No Assholes
Failure to follow these rules can result in banishment.
Long Form of Rules
de oppresso liber has been around since around March 6th, 2012. There have been many things that have existed at this domain throughout the years, but they are unrelated to what this site is now.
The purpose of this site is simple: to liberate your mind. The word “conspiracy” has many negative connotations, but recently many people have realized that a conspiracy is not necessarily so conspiracy-ish (if you can make sense of that). The “main stream” media covers some things, but not others.
What I’m attempting to do here is to present some of the news that you won’t find from mainstream sources. Additionally, I present libertarian ideals and principles, and frame my commentary around that. This site will thus remain in existence as long as there is a need for it, and as long as there are supporters willing to help keep it going.
This website is my private property. Participating here is a privilege, not a right. Understanding the difference between these concepts is fundamental to understanding the message of freedom and liberty.
I welcome freedom lovers and students of Liberty everywhere! Anyone is initially granted the privilege (but not the right) to read and post to this site.
In order to post to this site, first you must become a member. All comers are welcome!
Members must abide by a few simple rules:
- By posting on this site, you become a representative of this site. Please keep that in mind while you are drafting your post. Anything deemed as negative representation will be removed, and your posting privileges may be revoked.
- Use proper spelling and grammar. Most modern browsers have built-in spell checking. If you are using IE, please draft your post in an editor that has spell checking (such as Microsoft Word, or OpenOffice) and then paste the content into the post editor.
- Do not infringe on anybody’s copyright! If you get permission to repost an article, be sure you have permission to post it on this site. If informed of copyright violation, I will have no choice but to remove the infringing content, with posting privileges removed from those who have a history of violations.
- EXCESSIVE USE OF CAPITAL LETTERS is prohibited.
- Keep discussions civil and polite. Engaging in flame wars or personal attacks on other members, racist or sexist remarks, posting obscene materials, inciting or encouraging violent or illegal acts, posting spam, promote your website or event, and blatant advertising are prohibited.
- Understand that I prefer the content on this site to be licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. If you have explicit permission to cross-post an article from another website here, please place a copyright notice on the article, as required by the original creator of the content. If you post an article you have written entirely on your own, you are free to copyright it as your own, and I encourage you to make it available under the above license (you are free, of course, to decline, however you grant a license to de oppresso liber to publish this content).
- No Assholes!
I appreciate your understanding, and I welcome you and encourage you to participate here!
Founder & Editor